[Samba] [SOLVED] Can't compiling over CIFS Shares

Bruno MACADRE bruno.macadre at univ-rouen.fr
Wed Oct 7 09:18:00 MDT 2009

Bruno MACADRE a écrit :
> Jonathon Doran a écrit :
>> Quoting Bruno MACADRE <bruno.macadre at univ-rouen.fr>:

>>> Maybe,
>>>
>>> Actually my kernel is 2.6.28-15-generic (basic ubuntu-desktop kernel).
>>> I'll try another kernel and tell you what's happened
>> Another kernel seems overkill, and slow.  This sounds like a problem
>> with mounting options to me.  What was the command-line or the fstab
>> entry for this filesystem?  Perhaps we can see something wrong there.
>
> Like described in my previous message, my mounting options are very simple :
>
> In my pam_mount.conf.xml the mount is like that :
> <volume user="*" fstype="cifs" server="SERVER_IP" path="%(USER)"
> mountpoint="~"
> options="exec,nodev,nosuid,domain=MY-DOMAIN,charset=utf8,acl" />
>
> But even if i do a simple mount like this :
> mount -t cifs -ousername=user //SERVER_IP/user REP
>

> and when i compile into REP files produced are corrupted...

Hi,

	I've tried the last kernel from kernel.org (2.6.31.2), built deb
packages and installed it. After reboot, and mounting CIFS share, the
compilation works great (the two methods !!). So it's a kernel bug !!

Regards,
Bruno

--

Bruno MACADRE
 Ingénieur Systèmes et Réseau     | Systems and Network Engineer

	Tél : +33 (0)2-32-95-51-86
	Fax : +33 (0)2-32-95-51-87