[Samba] [OT] Ubuntu samba package

Adam Nielsen adam.nielsen at uq.edu.au
Tue Oct 6 17:44:17 MDT 2009

> It's a bit OT, i know, but i'm curious.
>
> Does anybody know why a version marked as LTS (Long Time Support)
> doesn't offer a more recent version of Samba package? Is there any issue
> between Ubuntu and Samba people? Or are there technical problems?

Well given that Ubuntu would be marking it as LTS I guess it's a
question for them.  I think there are so many changes between the major
revisions (3.0 -> 3.2) you often can't just upgrade and it'll work like
you can with the minor revisions.

I don't know why they don't make new versions available for people
installing from scratch, but perhaps they can answer that question.

Cheers,
Adam.