[Samba] windows 7 on samba 3.4.2 slow

Jack Lau jackelectronics at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 22 09:51:23 MST 2009

Hello

Assuming that you have Windows 7 Professional / Enterprise or Ultimate, try going into Policy Editor (gpedit.msc), navigate to Computer Configuration, Administrative Templates, System and then User Profiles.

Open the setting in the list "Set maximum wait time for the network if a user has a roaming user profile or remote home directory", change it to enabled and set wait for network for maximum to 0 and then OK.

I use Windows Vista where I had exactly the same problem, even when I disable and never use roaming profiles.

Regards