[Samba] windows XP sp3, shared printer and samba

maildelz at portugalmail.pt maildelz at portugalmail.pt
Wed Nov 11 16:29:53 MST 2009

Hi all,

I hope someone can help me with this issue.

I am not sure this is a samba problem but since I am using I decided to post.

I have samba acting as PDC.
Since I installed SP3 for windows XP, after some time, windows shared
printing stops working. If I try to add the printer again it's not
possible to browse the network.
When I look at samba and issue the command "net status sessions" the
user trying to print isn't listed (when he first log in he is listed).
Strange thing, the user can still use the samba shares.

Thank you for any information.
mlz