[Samba] PnP driver Upload/download

sebastian.rajan at wipro.com sebastian.rajan at wipro.com
Thu Nov 5 08:56:06 MST 2009

Hi,

I was trying to setup a Pnp driver shared in Samba Version 3.4.1.

Following is my smb.conf file

[global]

workgroup=Workgroup

server string=SMB Server (%L)

netbios name=Linux148

log file=/var/log/samba/samba.log

max log size=964

max smbd processes=13

security=share

wins server=0.0.0.0

map to guest=bad user

guest account=root

load printers=yes

printcap name=/etc/printcap

printing=lprng

local master=no

encrypt passwords=yes

deadtime=60

server signing=disabled

client signing=auto

[Share]

comment = Shared Path

printable = no

path = /home/

browseable = yes

guest ok = yes

public = yes

read only = yes

writable = no

[Print]

comment = All Printers

path= /var/spool/samba

browseable=yes

printable=yes

writeable=yes

guest ok=yes

available=1

[print$]

comment = Driver Download Area

path = /etc/samba/drivers

browseable = yes

guest ok = yes

read only = yes

I have copied the driver files to /etc/samba/drivers/W32X86 and
/etc/samba/drivers/W32X86/3

But when I try to set the driver file the server is not responding,

Following is the add driver command,

rpcclient -c 'adddriver "Windows NT x86" "MyDriver
:xyzep3.dll:TSxyze_1.PPD:xyzep3ui.dll:xyz52CPS.chm:NULL:NULL:xyzep3.dll,
,xyzePCF.dll,
,eSPDLD.dll,,xyzeCh10.bin,xyzeChsp.chm,xyzeChsp.xml,xyzeDTP.dll,xyzeIP.d
ll,xyzep2.cat,xyzep2.XPI,"' -N -U'root' localhost -d 20

                                        [36]                     :
'eS4ep2.XPI'

000000 smb_io_rpc_hdr hdr

    0000 major     : 05

    0001 minor     : 00

    0002 pkt_type  : 00

    0003 flags     : 01

    0004 pack_type0: 10

    0005 pack_type1: 00

    0006 pack_type2: 00

    0007 pack_type3: 00

    0008 frag_len  : 029d

    000a auth_len  : 0000

    000c call_id   : 00000006

000010 smb_io_rpc_hdr_req hdr_req

    0010 alloc_hint: 0000050a

    0014 context_id: 0000

    0016 opnum     : 0009

rpc_write_send: data_to_write: 669

cli_chain_cork: mid=23

cli_state_handler called with flags 2

cli_state_handler called with flags 3

cli_state_handler called with flags 1

cli_state_handler: received 51 bytes, smb_len(evt_inbuf) = 47

handle_incoming_pdu: got mid 23

000000 smb_io_rpc_hdr hdr

    0000 major     : 05

    0001 minor     : 00

    0002 pkt_type  : 00

    0003 flags     : 00

    0004 pack_type0: 10

    0005 pack_type1: 00

    0006 pack_type2: 00

    0007 pack_type3: 00

    0008 frag_len  : 015a

    000a auth_len  : 0000

    000c call_id   : 00000006

000010 smb_io_rpc_hdr_req hdr_req

    0010 alloc_hint: 0000050a

    0014 context_id: 0000

    0016 opnum     : 0009

rpc_write_send: data_to_write: 346

cli_chain_cork: mid=24

cli_state_handler called with flags 2

cli_state_handler called with flags 3

cli_state_handler called with flags 1

cli_state_handler: received 51 bytes, smb_len(evt_inbuf) = 47

handle_incoming_pdu: got mid 24

000000 smb_io_rpc_hdr hdr

    0000 major     : 05

    0001 minor     : 00

    0002 pkt_type  : 00

    0003 flags     : 02

    0004 pack_type0: 10

    0005 pack_type1: 00

    0006 pack_type2: 00

    0007 pack_type3: 00

    0008 frag_len  : 015b

    000a auth_len  : 0000

    000c call_id   : 00000006

000010 smb_io_rpc_hdr_req hdr_req

    0010 alloc_hint: 0000050a

    0014 context_id: 0000

    0016 opnum     : 0009

rpc_api_pipe: host localhost

num_setup=2, max_setup=0, param_total=0, this_param=0, max_param=0,
data_total=347, this_data=347, max_data=54, param_offset=82,
param_disp=0, data_disp=0

cli_chain_cork: mid=25

cli_state_handler called with flags 2

cli_state_handler called with flags 2

cli_state_handler called with flags 1

cli_state_handler: received 88 bytes, smb_len(evt_inbuf) = 84

handle_incoming_pdu: got mid 25

000000 smb_io_rpc_hdr rpc_hdr

    0000 major     : 05

    0001 minor     : 00

    0002 pkt_type  : 02

    0003 flags     : 03

    0004 pack_type0: 10

    0005 pack_type1: 00

    0006 pack_type2: 00

    0007 pack_type3: 00

    0008 frag_len  : 001c

    000a auth_len  : 0000

    000c call_id   : 00000006

s3_event: Added timed event "async_trigger": 0x209d7b98

After the last log, it s not giving even time-out, halts there forever.

Did anyone experienced this or have some pointers where/what I'm
missing.

Thanks in advance,

Seban

www.wipro.com