[Samba] need help on daylight saving time issue.

Yan Zhang yanzhang012 at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 1 00:27:10 MDT 2009

Hi,

I am in Australian. Now it is daylight saving time in Australian. I have daysaving time issue on samba client as below.

On AIX server, I get the following two files's modified time via command istat.
/zytest/file1     (Modified time:    Fri Sep 18 12:07:37 EST 2009)
/zytest/file1     (Modified time:    Sun Nov  1 13:42:16 EDT 2009)

On samba client Windows machine, the modified time is as follows

Name                                 Size                Type                    Date Modified
file1                                      1 KB               File                     18/09/2009  1:07 PM
file2                                      0 KB               File                      1/11/2009  1:42 PM

For file1, there is a 1 hour discrepancy on modified time shown on AIX server and samba client.

The file1 was modified before the daylight saving date began, while the file2 was modified after daylight saving date began.
The AIX timezone environment variable TZ is EET-10EETDT,M10.1.0/02:00,M4.1.0/03:00, which is correct.

I even upgraded samba from 3.0 to 3.4.2 on AIX 5.3, but the issue is persistent. Please shed light on how to solve this issue.

Best regards,

Yan Zhang