[Samba] Desktop.ini in Startmenue

Christian Rost cr at rocon-it.de
Mon Nov 2 08:02:39 MST 2009

Hi,

the desktop.ini issue can't be solved by samba. That's because the contents of the "Start Menu" are located in different places, like within your Windows profile (roaming) and the "All Users" profile (local). Because the latter is located on your PC, there's no way for samba to interfere.

BTW, it's not an samba-only issue, because you will get your desktop.ini files in a Windows-only network, too.

Cheers,

Christian
Dipl.-Ing. Christian Rost
roCon - Informationstechnologie