[Samba] Desktop.ini in Startmenue

Daniel Spannbauer ds at marco.de
Mon Nov 2 02:46:40 MST 2009

Hello,

I've setup a PDC with Samba 3.0.23 and a ldap-backend.
Roaming Profiles are working, but I always have the desktop.ini visible
in some folders of the Windows-Startmenue.
I found several hints for the dos-attributes in smb.conf, buit notthing
seems to work.

Any hints?
Here is my smb.conf:

[global]
         workgroup = example
         server string = b-login
         passdb backend = ldapsam:"ldap://10.3.1.3"
         username map = /etc/samba/smb-user-map
         log level = 10
         debug uid = Yes
         smb ports = 139
         name resolve order = wins host bcast
         deadtime = 300
         printcap name = cups
         add machine script = /usr/sbin/useradd  -c Machine -d
/var/lib/nobody -s /bin/false %m$
         logon path = \\%L\%U\.ntprofile
         logon drive = H:
         logon home = \\%L\%U
         preferred master = Yes
         local master = No
         domain master = No
         wins server = gate
         kernel oplocks = No
         ldap admin dn = cn=Administrator,dc=example,dc=de
         ldap group suffix = ou=group
         ldap machine suffix = ou=Computers
         ldap suffix = dc=example,dc=de
         ldap ssl = no
         ldap user suffix = ou=people
         create mask = 0775
         directory mask = 0775
         profile acls = Yes
         map acl inherit = Yes
         hide unreadable = Yes
         map archive = No
         map readonly = no
         store dos attributes = Yes
         share modes = No
         delete readonly = Yes

[homes]
         comment = Home Directory
         read only = No
         create mask = 0711
         hide files = /Desktop.ini/ntuser.ini/NTUSER.*/tmp/RECYCLER/
         map hidden = Yes
         map system = Yes
         browseable = No

Regards

Daniel

--
Daniel Spannbauer                         Software Entwicklung
marco Systemanalyse und Entwicklung GmbH  Tel   +49 8333 9233-27 Fax -11
http://www.marco.de/                      Email ds at marco.de
Geschäftsführer Martin Reuter             HRB 171775 Amtsgericht München