[Samba] My Documents: Music shows, Pictures not so much

Todd E Thomas todd_dsm at ssiresults.com
Sun May 31 08:14:59 GMT 2009

Hey all, I have a functioning Samba server in my test lab. All of my
must-haves are met.

My problem really boils down to a minor nuisance. Basically, when I log
the test users in and open My Documents I only see one folder: My Music.
Not that I really care but curiosity is killing me here and I can't
figure out why the My Pictures folder is not present also. On top of
that users love their comfort level and I don't want them minus
something they're used to when using my server.

If I create a user local to the windows xp box that I use for testing
then both of the My Music and My Pictures folders are displayed so I
know the template profile (used to make all other profiles) is working.

My only theory is performance, logins are somewhat slow, maybe 20
seconds or so before the hour glass goes away. I'd say this is pretty
thin if not completely off point.

If there are any useful insights out there I'm all ears.

Thanks in advance,

Todd E Thomas