[Samba] NFS mounted samba share

Daniel Bourque dbourque at weatherdata.com
Wed May 27 15:38:00 GMT 2009

Hi,

    I'm sharing an NFS mounted directory via samba. When a client
connect to the share, he can browse it fine, but any attempt to read
data, like copying or looking that the file's properties results in a
lockup on the client, and an eventual time out. On the server, a lock (
DENY_NONE  0x120089    RDONLY     NONE ) is created an never goes away,
even after the client as disconnected.

- I can login the server and read data just fine from that NFS mount
point, but samba can't.
- I can access other NFS mounted ( off another server ) via samba  just
fine.

if I use smbclient as the CIFS client, the error is:

Error Call timed out: server did not respond after 20000 milliseconds
closing remote file

Any help would be appreciated !

Samba server setup:

2.6.18-92.1.22.el5PAE