[Samba] Samba Registry Configuration- Cannot open smbconf

mallapadi niranjan niranjan.ashok at gmail.com
Fri May 22 12:16:34 GMT 2009

Hi all,

I am using samba-3.3.4 on RHEL5.3, my smb.conf is as below

[global]
netbios name = nirvana
workgroup = samba
registry shares = yes

after which i added a share using net conf command as follows

$/usr/local/samba-3.3.4/bin/net conf addshare test /tmp writeable=y

 net conf list
[test]
	path = /tmp
	guest ok = no
	read only = no

>From a Windows XP system When i connect to "nirvana' registry , i get
access to samba registry but When i access the
192.168.122.153\HKLM\SOFTWARE\Samba\smbconf  I get error  "Cannot open
smbconf: Error while opening key"

Any ideas, how i can access the subkey ?

Regards
Niranjan