[Samba] Using more than one user names, are not allowed

dnk d.k.emaillists at gmail.com
Tue May 12 18:34:29 GMT 2009

Hi there,

I am running a centos 5.3 machine with the following samba components:

# rpm -qa | grep samba
samba-common-3.0.33-3.7.el5
samba-3.0.33-3.7.el5
samba-client-3.0.33-3.7.el5

Now intermittently I have users (machine not part of the domain) who
get the following error:

------------
An error occurred while reconnecting P: to \\xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx\share

Microsoft Windows Network : Multiple connections to a server or shared
resource by the same user, using more than one user name, are not
allowed. Disconnect all previous connections to the server or shared
resource and try again.

This connection has not been restored.

Now I have not seen anything special in my smb logs, and the issue is
obviously temporarily resolved wen killing all mapped drives and
remapping them.