[Samba] Intermittently Get "Target filesystem does not supportlong file names" when copying file to Samba share

Robinson, Eric eric.robinson at psmnv.com
Tue May 12 15:24:16 GMT 2009

> I have multiple CentOS servers running a couple versions of Samba
> serving various Windows versions and I've never once ever seen
> this message.

Glad to hear it. That's the kind of behavior I would normally expect.
One thing that might be different between our environments is that my
users are all in Remote Desktop sessions connected to a pair of Windows
terminal servers. From there, they access the Samba shares. Perhaps the
situation is complicated by having so many different user accounts
accessing the same samba share from the same Windows server or something
like that. Anyway, since this is clearly a rare problem, I'm hoping that
one of the Samba developers will eventually take notice.

--Eric

Disclaimer - May 12, 2009
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for awilliam at whitemice.org,samba. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute, copy or alter this email. Any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and might not represent those of Physician Select Management and Physician's Managed Care. Warning: Although Physician Select Management and Physician's Managed Care have taken reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses are present in this email, the companies cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the use of this email or attachments.