[Samba] nis and samba

Bob Rohde rrohde at wfubmc.edu
Tue Mar 31 17:07:29 GMT 2009

I use NIS for allowing access to my samba shares. Membership by users in
their respective NIS groups, and then using those groups in my smb.conf
file, will determine their ability to access specific shares. When I
make changes to /etc/group on the NIS master then publish those changes
to my clients samba is never aware of those changes until I stop/start
the smb, nmb services. Is there another way of making samba aware of
changes in my yp maps other than the disruptive stop/start method I use
now?

Thanks in advance,

Bob Rohde