[Samba] Printer permissions

Joseph L. Casale JCasale at activenetwerx.com
Tue Mar 31 16:41:21 GMT 2009

I have been reading through the Samba docs and have successfully setup cups
for our Canon and HP printers, I have Samba sharing out all the cups printers
and have also setup the print$ share and used rpcclient to add the drivers. This
is working fine and the Windows clients can successfully connect and download
the drivers. However, I cannot seem to find out how to specifically setup access
to each printer so only certain users have access to print and most specifically
set it up such that all users have the required permissions to change print settings
like choose paper type and saddle stitch.

Any pointers to this aspect would be appreciated!
Thanks,
jlc