[Samba] Unable to add machine accounts

LiPi - lipixx at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 19:12:47 GMT 2009

I had the same problem 2 weeks ago, and this is really a braincracking.
http://www.mail-archive.com/samba@lists.samba.org/msg99586.html

I solved it using smbldap-configure.pl script and making an smbldap-populate
as is explained in ubuntu 8.10 documentation.

Don't ask me why but it seems that smbldap wasn't working properly with hand
configuration. I read about 2 weeks and lot of manuals and howto's, I
recommend you
to do the same, smbldap-configure.

I also use LAM and adding machines at hand worked perfectly. I think that
there was a problem with pdbedit and smbldap-tools tools auth. Pdbedit is
who adds samba
attributes to machine accounts once they are created, and it's called, I
think, with smbldap. Take a look at your logs if you want, but
smbldap-configure is the easiest an fastest solution.