[Samba] Unable to add machine accounts

Chris St. Pierre stpierre at NebrWesleyan.edu
Mon Mar 30 17:51:45 GMT 2009

On Mon, 30 Mar 2009, John Drescher wrote:

> I have had this on and off. I just end up adding machine accounts via
> LAM (Ldap acccount manager)
>
> http://lam.sourceforge.net/
>
> and don't waste time on figuring out the cause.
>
> Now I actually consider this a good thing since only I can add machine
> accounts regardless of what users have the rights..

That's exactly the situation I'm trying to avoid. :)

I can run smbldap-useradd manually and it works fine, but that means
that everyone has to go through me whenever they want to add a machine
to the domain, which is a waste of time IMO.

Chris St. Pierre
Unix Systems Administrator
Nebraska Wesleyan University