[Samba] Samba Configuration

ElihuJ chinocubus at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 18 05:01:02 GMT 2009

I think I'm making some progress.. I can now write to the directory.

If I chown admin:"domain admins" admin I can then write to the directory on
the XP side. I can see domain permissions, but cannot edit them.

However in doing this, I can no longer access the directory as my user on
the Linux side.

I tried creating a new group called 'samba' and added my admin user, along
with my XP user. I kept the owner as admin. Now I can access the folder on
the Linux side, but not the XP. *frustration!*

And thanks for the help.