[Samba] Samba Configuration

guido at lorenzutti.com.ar guido at lorenzutti.com.ar
Wed Mar 18 07:09:17 GMT 2009

Is hard for me to keep up with what you are doing for the hour here ...

But I can tell you this. If you are going to have a share with multiple
users accessing a directory the best thing you can do is to have a
domain-users like.

So...

For example:

[ADD]
        path = /home/ADD
        browseable = no
        public = no
        writable = yes
        nt acl support = no
        valid users = @add @addrw

(You should change the browseable to see the share from the clients)

ls -ld /home/ADD
drwxrwx---+ 10 root addrw 4096 Mar  6 12:31 /home/ADD/
bowman:/etc/samba# getfacl /home/ADD/
# file: home/ADD
# owner: root
# group: addrw
user::rwx
group::rwx
group:add:rwx
group:addrw:rwx
mask::rwx
other::---

Now if you like to manage permissions from the clients, you should start
thinking about using acls in the filesystem.

/dev/mapper/storage-home on /home type ext3 (rw,acl)

And you should change the "nt acl support" to yes.

I hope this helps.