AW: [Samba] Samba with ldap-Backend as PDC: Changing SMB-Password under Unix?

Daniel Spannbauer dspannbauer at web.de
Tue Mar 17 11:33:43 GMT 2009

> An: samba
> Betreff: Re: [Samba] Samba with ldap-Backend as PDC: Changing SMB-
> Password under Unix?
>
> On Tue, 2009-03-17 at 10:12 +0100, Daniel Spannbauer wrote:
> > Hello,
> > I have a working PDC with ldap-Backend under SUSE 10.2. Everything is
> > working fine, except 2 thing:
> > Can I change the sambaNTpassword and sambaLMpassword under Unix so
> that the
> > User can change the samba-Passwords and the Unix-Password with one
> single
> > command?
>
> Yes, using ldap passwd sync (although it has been rather argumentative
> on recent versions; not certain why).

I think ldap passwd sync changes also the unix_password when I change my
Password under Windows.
But I want to change my sambaNTpassword and sambaLMpassword und Unix.
So, when I do a "passwd horst" I want to change the Unix_password AND the
sambaNTpassword and the sambaLMpassword
For the user "horst".

So, it doesn't matter where I change my password (unix or Windows), all my
passwords are changed.

> > Can I automaticly connect the Home-Networkshare to a Network-Drive?
> Without
> > a Logon-Script?
>
>  I don't think so.  Buy you can use policies (via POLEDIT.EXE) to
> redirect "My Documents" transparently to the user's network home
> directory.  I think this is covered in the Samba HOWTO/ByExample and
> you
> can go to Google and search 'site:lists.samba.org "folder redirection"'
> to get lots of references.

Hmmm, Ok. But what does the switch "logon drive" exactly?

Regards

Daniel

__________ Hinweis von ESET NOD32 Antivirus, Signaturdatenbank-Version 3942
(20090317) __________

E-Mail wurde gepruft mit ESET NOD32 Antivirus.

http://www.eset.com