[Samba] Samba with ldap-Backend as PDC: Changing SMB-Password under Unix?

Adam Tauno Williams awilliam at whitemice.org
Tue Mar 17 10:35:19 GMT 2009

On Tue, 2009-03-17 at 10:12 +0100, Daniel Spannbauer wrote:
> Hello,
> I have a working PDC with ldap-Backend under SUSE 10.2. Everything is
> working fine, except 2 thing:
> Can I change the sambaNTpassword and sambaLMpassword under Unix so that the
> User can change the samba-Passwords and the Unix-Password with one single
> command?

Yes, using ldap passwd sync (although it has been rather argumentative
on recent versions; not certain why).

> Can I automaticly connect the Home-Networkshare to a Network-Drive? Without
> a Logon-Script?

 I don't think so.  Buy you can use policies (via POLEDIT.EXE) to
redirect "My Documents" transparently to the user's network home
directory.  I think this is covered in the Samba HOWTO/ByExample and you
can go to Google and search 'site:lists.samba.org "folder redirection"'
to get lots of references.
OpenGroupware developer: awilliam at whitemice.org
<http://whitemiceconsulting.blogspot.com/>
OpenGroupare & Cyrus IMAPd documenation @