[Samba] Joining Samba 3 domain from Windows Vista

ldardini at tiscali.it ldardini at tiscali.it
Thu Mar 12 12:00:47 GMT 2009

Hi,
I want to join a Samba 3 domain using Windows Vista and I am unable
because trying it I get the message "An Active Directory Domain
Controller for the domain MYDOMAIN could not be contacted". Vista can
correctly browse all the shares of Samba and use the account defined on
it.

I know Samba 3 provide an NT4 Domain, so maybe this is the
problem.

I know Vista uses NTLMv2 protocol so I downgrade it to NTLMv1
using secpol.msc

I know so little about Microsoft product, so forget
me if this is an obvious thing.

The exact version of Samba I am using
is samba-3.0.28 from CentOS 5, but I am ready to upgrade wherever is
needed.

Leandro

Con Tiscali Tutto Incluso telefoni e navighi senza limiti A SOLI €10 AL MESE FINO ALL’ESTATE.

Attiva entro il 12/03/09! http://abbonati.tiscali.it/promo/tuttoincluso/