[Samba] Can't modify ms word files with samba 3.3

Michele Petrazzo - Unipex srl michele.petrazzo at unipex.it
Wed Mar 4 17:56:40 GMT 2009

François Legal wrote:

Same here.
My env are all inside virtualized machines: win2k server, debian lenny with
3.3.1 as "servers" and joined into win2k domain, win2k pro and win xp pro
(both joined) as clients.

I have 1 share (called test) where I made my tests.

xp  has office 2k7 and OpenOffice.org 3
win2k has office 2k and OOo.org 3

(all the tests are with the same user logged on into the domain)
xp can create folders/files on share and can modify them with all the
programs, except office 2k7. with it, I receive an "Access Deny"
with OOo.org all works

win2k can do anything with OOo.org and with office 2k

files saved with office2k can be opened with office xp but not saved

OOo.org can open and save the .doc files created with the 2k

OOo.org can use the "share spreadsheet" function without problem!

 From my test appear that there is a problem only with 2k7

If you need I can send you the debug with level 10

P.s. I can also share my environment with the developers since are all
in vbox! Contact me for that.

Thanks,
Michele