[Samba] performance problem with 3.2.8: unbuffered reads for some users

Alexander 'Leo' Bergolth leo at strike.wu-wien.ac.at
Wed Mar 4 14:15:02 GMT 2009

On 03/04/2009 03:10 PM, Volker Lendecke wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 04, 2009 at 02:50:59PM +0100, Alexander 'Leo' Bergolth wrote:
>> My test case was just reading the firefox LICENSE file, which isn't in
>> use by any other user. I can reproduce this behavior with arbitrary
>> other files.
>
> Ah, sorry, missed that part. Please send your smb.conf file
> and a debug level 10 log of the whole unbuffered session.

When does the session start?
Is it sufficient to first establish the connection and then put the
corresponding smbd process in debug level 10?

The client does a domain logon so capturing the whole login process will
be quite huge...

> P.S: You don't happen to have "oplocks = no" on some share
> definition?

No.

Cheers,
--leo
--
e-mail   ::: Leo.Bergolth (at) wu-wien.ac.at
fax      ::: +43-1-31336-906050