[Samba] Input/Output error when saving to samba profile directory

Dave Newman davey.newman at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 2 11:15:14 GMT 2009

Le Friday 27 February 2009 12:28:49 Dave Newman, vous avez écrit :
>    create mask = 0600
>    directory mask = 0700

Why ?

This was the default in the existing ubuntu smb.conf file. I didn't change
it.

I have just tried commenting out those lines, but I still get the
Input/Output error.

On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 12:16 PM, Laurent Besson <lolo at system-linux.net>wrote:

> Le Friday 27 February 2009 12:28:49 Dave Newman, vous avez écrit :
>
> Did you have :
> # chmod a+w /var/samba/profiles

the profiles are stored on a different virtual disk, but I have mounted it
on /var/samba/profiles with full write access.

If I log on to the linux machine with my user credentials, I can create and
delete files at the command line.
When I create an SMB mount as that user on a different linux machine, I get
an Input/Output Error if I try to change or delete a file.

You can see why my attention is focused on samba here..

Do you think it might be a bug? certainly it's not generating any sensible
error messages.