[Samba] Authenticating non-member client by an ADS member server with a local user

Uri Simchoni uri_simchoni at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 14 13:09:29 GMT 2009

Hi,

I have a Samba 3.2.6 ads member server, named myserver, with a local user user1.
I try to login to the server using a WinXP non-member client.
If on the "login" popup I enter "user1", login fails.
If I enter "myserver\user1", login succeeds.

Same setup on a WinXP member server, login succeeds.

I tried setting "allow trusted domains" to "yes" just for the heck of it, did change anything.

Is this the expected behavior? Can I configure my way around it?

Thanks,
Uri.