[Samba] Oplocks question

Daniel Bourque dbourque at weatherdata.com
Tue Jun 9 17:36:30 GMT 2009

I keep an old RH7 VM running samba as a gateway to NFS shares for our
older Mac boxes , because I was having problems with the ressource fork
on newer implementations of samba. everything works perfect

with newer versions of samba, I experience lock issues accessing the
same NFS shares. So I also have samba running on ever NFS servers, and
drives are mapped directly to the server were the file system is locally
mounted.

As Volker said, look into msfds. It will allow you to point your clients
to one SMB server and access SMB shares off other servers in a
transparent way.  You'll still need to install Samba on the NFS file
servers you want to acesss.

hope this helps

Dan