[Samba] Streaming large videos causes server's networking to crash

Quinn Fissler qfissler at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 11:00:44 MDT 2009

It could be that tweaking your driver parameters with your curent card could
cure the problem...
We know it's the r8169 from your other logs (which I didn't read - tsk tsk)
Look at your irq allocations
cat /proc/interrupts
See the network driver - note its IRQ - have a look at its corresponding
stats in /proc/irq/<you noted>/files - there are counters there - maybe
they'll help diagnose (unhandled interrupts etc).
Look at using an alternative driver...
I just googled and found this:
http://www.jamesonwilliams.com/hardy-r8168