[Samba] How to use local profiles in samba PDC?

Norberto Bensa nbensa at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 08:39:51 MDT 2009

On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 10:52 AM, Christopher
Perry<cperry at hmdc.harvard.edu> wrote:
> A) Only allowing local profiles and disabling roaming profiles:
> (start->run->gpedit.msc->Local Computer Policy->Computer
> Configuration->Administratrive Templates->System->User Profiles

Why don't you just use pdbedit?

smb.conf:
logon path = /path/to/logon

Then:

# pdbedit -p "" user-with-no-roaming-profile

The default is to have a roaming profile. You disable it for certain users.

I remember doing this once for a customer. It worked perfectly.

HTH,
Norberto