[Samba] Reverse Veto Files - let's try again!

Illtud Daniel illtud.daniel at llgc.org.uk
Tue Jul 28 14:43:37 MDT 2009

Since the list responsiveness seems to be at a high, le me
take the opportunity to repost a message that got no
answers in March:

I've searched the list, and I can't find reference to this being
implemented:

reverse veto files - a list of files *allowed* rather than
the current list of files *denied*. Possibly implemented by
just allowing a ! in the veto files directive.

eg:

veto files = /!*.png/!*.gif/

= only allow pngs and gifs to be read or written through that
share.

(though that's probably not the best syntax)

I still think it's a good idea that I would find really
valuable.

Was this discussed further? Has it been implemented under
another directive that I've missed? Has my google-foo let
me down?

Illtud Daniel                                 illtud.daniel at llgc.org.uk
Prif Swyddog Technoleg                          Chief Technical Officer
Llyfrgell Genedlaethol Cymru                  National Library of Wales