[Samba] can not read file permissions via samba over gpfs

David david.peer at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 02:48:27 MDT 2009

I'm adding the samba configuration file content, I think the attached file
wasn't not sent :-(, sorry...

[global]
        netbios name = atlas
        disable netbios = yes
        server string = ATLAS Storage Device(Linux-GPFS)
        realm = DOMAIN.COM
        workgroup = DOMAIN
        security = ADS
        password server = domainad
        encrypt passwords = yes
        hosts allow = 192.168.44.0/255.255.252.0 127.
        hosts deny = 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
        guest account = nobody
        log file = /var/log/samba/samba.log
        unix charset = UTF8
        username map = /etc/samba/user.map
        deadtime = 15
        client schannel = no
        wins server = domainad
        printcap name = /dev/null
        load printers = no
        dns proxy = no
        obey pam restrictions = yes
        pam password change = yes
        winbind separator = /
        winbind use default domain = yes
        idmap backend = tdb2
        idmap uid = 100000000-999999999
        idmap gid = 100000000-999999999
        idmap config DOMAIN : backend = ad
        idmap config DOMAIN : range = 1-99999999
        clustering = yes
        #private dir = /gpfs/clusterprivdir/smb
        fileid:mapping = fsname
        vfs objects = gpfs fileid
        gpfs:sharemodes = No
        winbind enum users = yes
        winbind enum groups = yes
        winbind nested groups = yes
        winbind nss info = sfu
        template shell = /bin/false
        valid users = @"DOMAIN/Domain Users"
        admin users = "DOMAIN/administrator"

#==================
[public]
        path = /gpfs/filesets/public
        comment = Public
        browseable = yes
        writable = yes
        dos filemode = yes
        force create mode = 0775
        create mask = 0775
        security mask = 0775
        directory security mask = 0775
        force directory mode = 0775
        admin users = "DOAMIN/administrator" "administrator" "Administrator"
        map acl inherit = yes

David