[Samba] can not read file permissions via samba over gpfs

David david.peer at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 01:00:35 MDT 2009

Hi,

I am using samba samba3-3.3.4-39, with ctdb ctdb-1.0-69.x86_64, gpfs
gpfs-3.2.1 on centos 5.3 x86_64.
My problem is that from samba share I can't read file permissions and file
ownership, although I'm in "domain admins" group, which has full
permissions(rwx) via inherited acl (not user or group ownership).
If I'm in a group that owns the file, I can read the permissions, all
permissions for other users are none.
Example:
#owner:kavin
#group:prod
user::rwxc
group::----
other::----
mask::rwxc
group:media:rwx-
group:editors:r-x-
group:prod:rwx-
group:domain admins:rwx-

In this example, I can't see the file owner or permissions, if I add myself
to prod group, I could.

My question is, why can't I see those file permissions although I'm in
"domain admins" group that has full permissions?
With nfs client everything works file. I'm using nfsv3 only.

I'm attaching samba configuration files.

Thanks,
David