[Samba] writable shares between solaris and windows

Xu, Ying (Houston) Ying.Xu at littonloan.com
Mon Jul 13 08:54:42 MDT 2009

One of our daily jobs needs to process a lot of files on a solaris
server and dump the files onto a windows server.  We currently use
sharity to accomplish this.  However, the performance becomes worse when
the files get larger.  We want to find another approach to do this.  The
reason we didnt use samba was that very few users have unix accounts and
they need to have write permission to the share.  We dont want to create
unix accounts just for this.  To use ADS, we need to install and
kerberos for this, we dont use kerberos right now.  Is it worth the
effort to configure kerberos for this?  Is there any better way?

Thanks

Ying Xu

DISCLAIMER: This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and
addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender
by replying to this message and then delete it from your system. Use,
dissemination or copying of this message by unintended recipients is not
authorized and may be unlawful. Please note that any views or opinions
presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily
represent those of the company. Finally, the recipient should check this email
and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company accepts no