[Samba] Re: Intermittent stalling in file transfers / server connections

Philip Pemberton usenet08 at philpem.me.uk
Wed Jul 1 12:14:35 GMT 2009

Volker Lendecke wrote:
> Does your domain trust another domain? This would be the
> only scenario that makes winbind on a PDC necessary.

Nope, it's a single standalone domain.

The domain is "MILKYWAY" (a throwback to an earlier network); the DNS suffix
is set to "homenet.philpem.me.uk".

> If not, if I was you I would try to just stop winbind.

I was going to say something along the lines of "but it's not turned on in
smb.conf", but it seems the Ubuntu boot scripts start it by default... I've
stopped winbindd (via 'sudo /etc/init.d/winbind stop'). In about two hours
I'll know whether it's worked...

Thanks,
--
Phil.
usenet08 at philpem.me.uk
http://www.philpem.me.uk/
If mail bounces, replace "08" with the last two digits of the current year.