[Samba] Re: Intermittent stalling in file transfers / server connections

Philip Pemberton usenet08 at philpem.me.uk
Thu Jul 2 23:28:20 GMT 2009

Volker Lendecke wrote:
> Does your domain trust another domain? This would be the
> only scenario that makes winbind on a PDC necessary.
>
> If not, if I was you I would try to just stop winbind.

Winbind's been stopped, and my network is working!

All the stalling seems to have vanished, and as an extra bonus, network
browsing seems to be a lot snappier. Winbind is now on my "things to turn off
after an Ubuntu Server installation" list...

Thanks!
--
Phil.
usenet08 at philpem.me.uk
http://www.philpem.me.uk/
If mail bounces, replace "08" with the last two digits of the current year.