[Samba] Provisioning error

Jeremy Stimson Jeremy.Stimson at CreoSys.co.uk
Wed Jan 14 06:53:17 GMT 2009

Hi wes,

The space is not missing in the real command, I will copy and paste where
possible but the server is on a separate dev network with no internet access
so have to resort to memory sticks...  Real command should read:

./setup/provision --realm=CREOSYS.CO.UK --domain=CREOSYS
--adminpass=PASSWORD --server-role='domain controller'

Thanks

Jeremy

On 14/01/2009 01:58, "wes" <samba at the-wes.com> wrote:

> Is the space between CREOSYS.CO.UK <http://CREOSYS.CO.UK>  and --domain
> missing just in the example, or in your real command too? it is always
> advisable to copy and paste the actual input and output whenever possible.
>
> -wes
>
> On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 1:44 PM, Jeremy Stimson <Jeremy.Stimson at creosys.co.uk>
> wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I am trying to build a samba4 server, but getting an python error when
>> provisioning.
>>
>> I follow the instructions in the wiki HowTo, but when I run the provision
>> cmd:
>>
>> ./setup/provision --realm=CREOSYS.CO.UK--domain=CREOSYS --adminpass=PASSWORD
>> --server-role='domain controller'
>>
>> I get the following error:
>>
>> python: Objects/stringobject.c:105: PyString_FromString: Assertion `str !=
>> ((void *)0)' failed.
>> Aborted
>>
>> Server is a clean Red Hat 5.1 build, 64bit.
>>
>> Can anyone help?
>>

>> Thanks
>>
>> Jeremy
>> --

Jeremy Stimson

Creo Systems Ltd

Tel:          +44 7887 642726

E-Mail:     Jeremy.Stimson at CreoSys.co.uk

This email and any attachments may contain confidential information
belonging to Creo Systems Ltd.

Where the email and any attachments do contain information of a confidential
nature, including without limitation information relating to trade secrets,
special terms or prices these shall be deemed for the purpose of the Freedom
of Information Act 2000 as information provided in confidence by Creo
Systems Ltd and the disclosure of which would be prejudicial to Creo Systems
Ltd's commercial interests.