[Samba] Tunneling over SSH

RUTH, JONATHAN C jruth at kent.edu
Tue Feb 24 14:42:19 GMT 2009

I successfully connect to Samba using plink (part of the PuTTY family of apps).  I've also written a script to map the Samba share under WinXP.

I can send you the bat files off list or post them if there's interest.

Jon

> Kevin Bailey wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Has anyone successfully got a Windows PC to access Samba over an SSH
> > tunnel.  This first of all worked immediately - but now seems to have
> > stopped.

 Jon Ruth, Ph.D.
 Manager, FlexMatters Accelerator
 LCI, Kent State University
 Kent, OH   44242-0001   U.S.A.

 NOTICE:  This message and any attached files are
 intended only for the use of the addressee
 indicated above, and may contain information that
 is privileged or otherwise confidential.  If you
 are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
 notified that any dissemination, review, or use of
 this message, files, or other information contained
 herein is strictly prohibited.  If you have
 received this message in error, please notify the
 sender immediately by phone, fax, or e-mail.
 Please return this message with all attachments to
 the sender via e-mail.  Please delete any copies
 created or stored on your computer or server.

 Thank you.