[Samba] Write-only share and "NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED closing remote file" error

Alexander Fortin a.fortin at studiosynthesis.biz
Wed Dec 16 07:10:57 MST 2009

I'm trying to get a write-only share with sever version 3.2.5 (Debian
Lenny updated). I'm doing this with a "chmod 0770" on the directory,
owned by root and group "mysambagroup". The samba user with write
permission on the share is in the "mysambagroup" group and the share is
like this:

read only = no
create mask = 0000
inherit owner = yes
path = /sambashare
valid user = myuser

It works just fine, I can upload files and not read/delete/chmod them,
but just after the upload I get this error (testing with smbclient):

NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED closing remote file \myfile
(the file is actually fully uploaded)

Is there a way to accomplish the "write-only" share in other ways?
The only other topic I found googling is
http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2008-April/139701.html but it
doesn't seem to fix the write-only problem (user can still chmod file
and then read it).

Thank you!

--
Alexander Fortin

Studio Synthesis srl
Business Process Consulting
Via Callegari 10, Brescia  - (+39)030/8336089
http://www.studiosynthesis.biz