[Samba] Issue Joining Win7 to Samba Domain (tried wiki instructions)

Ryan Casey rcasey at growingtechnologies.com
Wed Dec 16 08:34:14 MST 2009

Hi,

I'm trying to join a Windows 7 client to a samba domain.  We're
running samba 3.3.9 from SerNet.  I've changed the registry settings
on the Win7 client per the wiki page
(http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Windows7).

Unfortunately, I'm still getting:
The following error occurred attempting to join the domain because the
following error has occurred: The specified domain either does not
exist or could not be contacted.

Before I found the wiki page, I tried some other settings from blogs,
etc.  I think I have reverted the machine back to its default
settings.

Also, I am able to join two other Win7 clients to the domain.

Any idea what could be wrong with the one client?  The machine can
browse to file shares on the samba server.

I don't see any error messages in the samba logs.

Thanks,
-Ryan Casey