[Samba] Prevent non domain computer to access samba shares.

sato x garasi9 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 18:58:40 MST 2009

Hi,

I'd like to ask about security in samba. We have a couple of users that use
to login into their computer using local-user names, and then access samba
shares with samba users. Their computer had been joinned into the domain,
before they used their local admin privilleges to dislodge their computer
from the domain. Currently, those computers are still listed in the pdc, if
you'd ask me then.

In the slapd.conf (openpdc backend), we have this configuration:

access to attrs=userPassword,sambaLMPassword,sambaNTPassword
    by dnattr=administrator write
    by self write
    by anonymous auth
        by * none

access to *
    by * read

Since this is a production server that we use for almost all authentication,
we cannot play with it. Do you guys know what we should do with our samba
file server? Thank you in advance.

Regards,