[Samba] Samba authentication

Lukas Hejtmanek xhejtman at ics.muni.cz
Tue Aug 18 09:36:51 MDT 2009

Hello,

I wonder whether there is a way to authenticate samba against NTLM2 enabled
radius server without using encrypt passwords = no.

I really have no other option than this. My situation is as follows.
I have an organization that runs Microsoft Windows Server 2003 which is used
as AD. This AD shares passwords with many information systems in our
organisation and I would like to use these passwords also for samba users.

Administrators of AD disagree to add my samba server to their AD. No way here.
They agree to export LDAP (without passwords), Kerberos or Radius and possibly
other services but not AD itself.

Is there a way to authenticate my samba against their authentication service?
If there is no way per-se, would it be possible to modify windbindd to
authenticate via NTLM2 against the Radius server instead of AD?

--
Lukáš Hejtmánek