[Samba] clients that are not a part of the domain cannot authenticate

Wolfgang Riedmann wolfgang at riedmann.it
Thu Aug 13 11:08:00 MDT 2009

Hi,

unfortunately I wasn't able to solve this probelm. I have tried to use the 3.3.7 release from
Sernet, but the problem remained.

It seems that something has been changed between the 3.0 and the 3.2 release when using
workgroup = domain and authenticating users on machines that are not within the domain.

Now, as workaround I have changed the line in the kixtart login script to use the username
prefixed with the domain to log in, so at least the users can work.

Wolfgang