[Samba] sambaprimaryGroupSid

David Wells david_wells_77 at yahoo.com.ar
Thu Aug 13 06:33:29 MDT 2009

vishesh kumar escribió:
> Dear david
>  Do your root working as domain admin?
> I think you have to modify your ldap database for that
>
> Thanks
>
> --
> http://linuxinterviews.blogspot.com

Dear Vishesh,

    Thank you very much for your reply. Please allow me to clarify. I
have created a root user in my LDAP directory wich has 0 as it's UID and
as it's GID. Additionally it has a sambaPrimaryGroupSid of
S-1-5-21-XXXXXXXXXX-XXXXXXXXXX-XXXXXXXXX-512 so it should be equivalent
to the windows "Domain Administrator" account. However when I query
samba to see this users information I get that it's Primary Group SID is
S-1-5-21-XXXXXXXXXX-XXXXXXXXXX-XXXXXXXXX-513 even though it's correctly
setup in LDAP.

    Thank you again.
    Best regards,
    David Wells.