[Samba] sambaprimaryGroupSid

David Wells david_wells_77 at yahoo.com.ar
Fri Aug 14 06:15:21 MDT 2009

David Wells escribió:
> Dear Vishesh,
>
>    Thank you very much for your reply. Please allow me to clarify. I
> have created a root user in my LDAP directory wich has 0 as it's UID
> and as it's GID. Additionally it has a sambaPrimaryGroupSid of
> S-1-5-21-XXXXXXXXXX-XXXXXXXXXX-XXXXXXXXX-512 so it should be
> equivalent to the windows "Domain Administrator" account. However when
> I query samba to see this users information I get that it's Primary
> Group SID is S-1-5-21-XXXXXXXXXX-XXXXXXXXXX-XXXXXXXXX-513 even though
> it's correctly setup in LDAP.
>
>    Thank you again.
>    Best regards,
>    David Wells.

Just in case anybody encounters this issue I found that if the "root"
user is named anything diferent from "Administrator" or has 0 as its GID
samba will set it's "Primary Group SID" to 513, regardless of what the
user has stored in LDAP. Renaming the user to "Administrator" and
setting its GID to anything but 0 solved the problem.

Thank you very much
Best regards,
David Wells.