[Samba] Samba and Solidworks (cat and dog)?

Stephen Hultquist steve.hultquist at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 15:57:42 GMT 2009

Were you able to resolve your issue?

We are having a very strange issue with SolidWorks on our network,
with disappearing assemblies, menu reconfiguration, and other "behind
the scenes" strangeness from SolidWorks even when testing on models
that are all local to the machine. So far, we have not been able to
figure out which aspects of the network are causing the issue (server
is an Apple X serve running Leopard with the standard (Version 3.0.25b-
apple) Samba distribution; we have been told not to try to upgrade it
until Apple does due to the Apple hooks in it).

Any additional insights are not only welcome, but solicited!

Thank you in advance,
ssh