[Samba] Solaris 9 / AD support

McGranahan, Jamen jamen.mcgranahan at Vanderbilt.Edu
Mon Apr 20 17:18:34 GMT 2009

OK, now that I got our Solaris 10 box connected to our Active Directory,
I'm going to tackle our Solaris 9 boxes (have at least 2).  It appears
the search engine on samba.org is not available, and the Google search
really doesn't help. What I'm looking for is a step-by-step on getting
this setup correctly. I know it's not the same as Solaris 10, so I
cannot use the directions I've been given. But I cannot upgrade the OS
since we have applications currently running on these boxes (we'd have
to schedule a downtime to migrate and right now, that's just not
possible). So, I'd appreciate any kind of guidance or documentation that
would lead me down the right path...

uname -a for our 2 boxes:

SunOS 5.9 Generic_122300-08 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-V240

SunOS 5.9 Generic_118558-36 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-V440

***********************************

* Jamen McGranahan

* Systems Services Librarian

* Library Information Technology Services

* Vanderbilt University

* Suite 700

* 110 21st Avenue South

* Nashville, TN  37240