[Samba] Fw: Query - How do i configure CIFS protocol for sharing a printer to windows client

amit.anjarlekar at tcs.com amit.anjarlekar at tcs.com
Thu Apr 2 08:13:26 GMT 2009

Hi team,
Anybody have idea on below issue. Pls suggest..

Regards
Amit Sudhir Anjarlekar
Asst. Systems Engr.
Tata Consultancy Services
Mailto: amit.anjarlekar at tcs.com
Website: http://www.tcs.com
Experience certainty.   IT Services
                        Business Solutions
                        Outsourcing
----- Forwarded by Amit Anjarlekar/MUM/TCS on 04/02/2009 01:42 PM -----

Michael Adam <obnox at samba.org>
04/02/2009 01:38 PM
Please respond to
obnox at samba.org

amit.anjarlekar at tcs.com
cc
Steve French <smfrench at gmail.com>, sfrench at samba.org
Subject
Re: Query - How do i configure CIFS protocol for sharing a printer to
windows client

As Steve already pointed out:

Please direct such questions / discussions to the
samba at lists.samba.org mailing list. Or to
samba-technical at lists.samba.org if it is related to development
of Samba. You can subscribe to our mailing lists under
https://lists.samba.org/mailman/

Cheers - Michael

amit.anjarlekar at tcs.com wrote:
> Hi Steve,
> Thanks for replying..
> I wl just clarify the things much better... Mine quota settings for
local
> users on samba server is working.. How do i get same applied to samba
> users?
> I had integrated linux client with AD using winbind... But now how to
> configure  "username map" variable, means what exactly i have to do
before
> putting this entry in smb.conf?
> I want my ads users to get linux shared printer mapped with ads login
only
> with quota restriction enabled using windows login... So that they dont
> have to give extra password for getting access to samba printer..
> How do i go for the same? I had configured cups for printer sharing..
> Pls let m know for any further clarification..
>
> Thanks & Regards
> Amit Sudhir Anjarlekar
> Asst. Systems Engr.
> Tata Consultancy Services
> Mailto: amit.anjarlekar at tcs.com
> Website: http://www.tcs.com
> Experience certainty.   IT Services
>                         Business Solutions
>                         Outsourcing
>

> Steve French <smfrench at gmail.com>
> 04/01/2009 10:09 PM

> amit.anjarlekar at tcs.com
> cc
> sfrench at samba.org, obnox at samba.org
> Subject
> Re: Query - How do i configure CIFS protocol for sharing a printer to
> windows client
>

> Sounds like a better question for the samba mailing list, but it isn't
> clear whether you have problems with configuring smb printing from a
> Linux client (you say both Linux client and Windows client).
> Presumably you really have a question about how to configure Samba
> server for printing and configuring Samba server security settings
> which are better asked on the mailing list after you have looked
> through Samba server documentation.

Michael Adam <ma at sernet.de>  <obnox at samba.org>
phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9
http://www.SerNet.DE, mailto: Info @ SerNet.DE
[attachment "attxc9iw.dat" deleted by Amit Anjarlekar/MUM/TCS]
ForwardSourceID:NT00021466
and any attachments. Thank you