[Samba] Few questions on configuring Samba as a PDC

John H Terpstra jht at samba.org
Sat Sep 27 03:57:11 GMT 2008

<drescherjm at gmail.com>wrote:

> >> question

> >> onto

> >> Did you do this:
> >> net groupmap modify ntgroup="Domain Admins" unixgroup=root
> >> net groupmap modify ntgroup="Domain Users" unixgroup=users
> >> net groupmap modify ntgroup="Domain Guests" unixgroup=nogroup
> >>
> >> And assign users to the Domain Admins group?
> >>
> >> John
> >>  --

Please refer to chapter 15 of the Samba3-HOWTO available from:

http://www.samba.org/samba/docs/Samba3-HOWTO.pdf

Any user can be granted the right to add users, add machines, or any other
privilege from a Windows client using the "net rpc rights grant" toolset.

Cheers,
John T.
--
John H Terpstra

"Don't do as I do; Show me better!" - Anonymous.