[Samba] Few questions on configuring Samba as a PDC

Jesse Stone jstone1999 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 26 19:34:31 GMT 2008

Hi David,

I'm not sure about your response but I research it shortly.

In regards to John's response, I did change it slightly (I am trying to not
use room)
net groupmap add ntgroup="Domain Admins" unixgroup=domainadmins
net groupmap add ntgroup="Domain Users" unixgroup=domainusers
net groupmap add ntgroup="Domain Guests" unixgroup=nogroup
I have then added two people into the domainadmins group (which I created)
and 1 person into the domainusers group.  The users on the domainadmins
group can connect to the domain (if I use the root user to add them which I
want to change) but they cannot save their profiles.

I belive this is due to the permissions on the folders:
rwxrwxr-x 2 root domainusers 4096 2008-09-25 12:43 netlogon
drwxrwxr-x 3 root domainusers 4096 2008-09-26 01:40 profiles

I could see how it would work if I kept things as they are as domain admins
would be in the root group and would have access to the folder but since I
am tryig to not use the root group I am at a loss how to set the permissions
on these folders.

I haven't been able to try the user that is in the domainusers group as that
use runs Kubuntu and I'm not sure how to add a Linux machine onto the
domain.

Thanks for both your responses!  Again, the main goal is to setup a PDC with
roaming profiles without the use of the root account or root group.

-Jesse