[Samba] print job counter never decreases

Martin Schmid scm at apsag.com
Thu Sep 18 12:27:16 GMT 2008

Hello

I've a samba printing problem: while all cups handled printers work
perfectly, a fax printer application recently stopped working because of
the default 'max print jobs' of 1000. In reality, the spool directory is
empty.

My question is: where ist this 'max print jobs' stored and how should it
decrease or be decreased automatically or manually?
Is there a way for the 'print command' to tell samba to decrease the job
counter after such job is processed?

I have set up a work-around by setting 'max print jobs = 0' but I really
want to fix the problem permanently.

My samba is a 3.0.24

--
Martin Schmid
APS systems AG, Neumatt 4, CH-4626 Niederbuchsiten